Saturday, August 16, 2008

A new kind of cool...

So I'm human. I try to keep up with my coolness status you know by not admiting I like watching the game show network, having a passion for puzzles, or are afraid of old people. So today I was sitting on the bed and my sisters phone rings and it was my father calling. I figured I should answer it because A. Karen wasn't around and B. they were traveling. So I answered the phone and I reconized an extra bounce in my dads voice like he was thee coolest person on the planet. So I talk to him and he said that he was in Salt Lake safely and on there way to my sisters house. Then he said Steph, guess who was on the plane with us? And I thought...maybe someone in my church or another one of my friends, but being lame and wanting to get back to watching the olympics I decided to just allow him to tell me instead of the guessing game I dreaded so much. He told me "MC Hammer" I got a sudden leap of pride in my father for A. Knowing who in the world that was and B. Knowing who in the world that was. I said cool dad! Did you say hi to him? And he said no I didn't want to bother Stanley. My emotions were like a roller coaster, cool he knew who he was, uncool he didn't say hi, cool that he knew his first name. Then he proceeds to tell me that he and my mom sat next to one of his dancers that has been dancing with him for 9 years. My sense of pride shot up again then he told me this: "Yeah she was a very nice young lady! I gave her a pass along card" Some things never change...

10 comments:

emily said...

Your dad rocks...that's the best post. Props to Papa Sessions!

Meredith Shatzer said...

STEPH! So I was going to write you a message on facebook...but then I saw that you had a blog and that's WAY better! Okay so here's the deal...I'm sorry I've been lame and slow the problem is that I can't even get a hold of my Dad that often because he's a crazy man. So I think the best thing would be to e-mail him because he's much more contactable that way. He just can't answer his phone that often. I asked him about the internship and he said that he doesn't know anything abut it really and that he certainly wouldn't know more than Gary Flake would. But I know you had other questions, so you're totally free to e-mail him. pflcevans@aol.com. Have a fantastic day!!

Unknown said...

you're old man is pretty rad! he gave them a pass along card! shoot, i didn't even know MC's first name! it reminds me of my first flight ever and monica from touched by and angel (aka roma downey) was on the flight and i was stoked! oh my, that dates me, doesn't it! well, good for you to finally write a new post! ;)

Ann Marie said...

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING I'VE READ ALL DAY!! YOUR DAD ROCKS!! CAN"T TOUCH THIS!!!

Brad & Emily said...

Steph, I just happened to find you here. Hope you don't mind me stalking you here! Hope life is good.

Holley and Luke Burbank said...

woman! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-man! you stole my heart and my cat. PIKAHHHH

Erin said...

Um we need to talk! I haven't talked to you in FOREVER and there are some things i need to know.....what the heck!

Adam & Michelle Gooch said...

Haha...I love your dad! I remember a LONG time ago...when I was lucky enough to visit the great state of MN with the lovely Sessions...and your dad handed out a book of mormon, and me you and your mom colored pictures. Anyways...found your blog...and love it!

Meg & Cache said...

OK Stephanie! I found your blog from Holley's and you better get on soon because I love your posts. It reminds me of the steph I know and love. K and can you believe that I saw you like in the middle of the USA, at the one gas station, in the middle of nowhere!!!

Carlee Ann said...

Sesh! I found you...your blog anyway! Keep updated sister!