Monday, March 24, 2008

Just Jill...

So Easter isn't the same in the Sessions house anymore.  It's more of mom and dad saying, here's some money go buy your own Easter candy at Target.  Which is great and all you'd think we'd have the brains to just pocket the money, but as tradition calls and our fond childish memories running through our head we decided to get the candy.  My parents wanted us to pick up a few more things at Target, but we went with Jill and we didn't have a time limit and when we don't have a time limit and when Jill is with us, it drags on for hours.  First stop of course the Target "Hot Spot" we spent about 5 min there looking at all of the trinkets that were made in China then we moved on to our list.  Jill spent an extra 10 minutes in the Hot Spot picking up anything she could get her hands on and inspecting it, until she eventually has A. either touched everything or B. realizes that when she wants to show someone something she's found, no ones there.  We are clear on the other side of the store, she eventually ends up finding us, after she is done smelling all of the shampoo's or testing all the lotions.  Eventually we get out of there by force and because she couldn't find the little gum ball easter eggs that we had as children, and she was disappointed because she just now realized that they stopped making them, when they actually got discontinued in the 80's.  Sometimes Jill's phone which doubles as an MP3 player goes off at random times.  It went off in the car and Karen was confused because she didn't have the radio on and I was like Jill it's your phone!  And she's like I didn't think I had Irish music on it (It was Josh Grobans "You Raise Me Up") then she said, "Usually it's Kelly Clarkston" and I said "did you just say Kelly ClarkSTON?"  she replied yeah and I said "Youu widiot it's Kelly Clarkson!"  And she said "Oh, I've been calling her Kelly Clarkston this whole time!"  We got home, helped mamma Sesh prepare Easter dinner and eventually went to bed.  The next day we got up, made homeade rolls that Jill covered with flour, which she later found on her ankle during Sacrament Meeting.  After church we ate, and had an Easter Egg Hunt that took every ounce of energy to get my parents to do.  Jill of course cheated by "being on the computer" when really she was checking out all of the hiding places of the eggs, we tried to give her an 8 egg penelty which didn't work, because she's mamma Sesh's new favorite because she listens to Carpenters with her and bought her matching Easter socks.  (makes me sick...)  Anyway so during the time we had to sit around and talk with our Easter baskets (I had a Tonka truck one, which held more candy, but later I found out it was Clarks old one I felt as if I was just an old rag mom had just thrown in the laundry, but threw it too hard and fell behind the washer instead of in it) Jill picked up a peice of Easter grass and started to floss her teeth with it.  We decided later that we were just going to take pictures of everything Jill has ever flossed her teeth with, or will in the future and make a collage and put it as a calender of just Jill.  Also that she would be offering Tracy some meat and trying to sell it to her, even though she knows she doesn't eat meat.  And Jill saw the new cool whip that comes out like reddiwhip and wanted to try it so grabbed a banana and the cool whip and then I said also on the calender we can do suggested meals by Jill! And Tracy said "did you just say suggestive meals?" and EVERYONE at the table started busted up laughing even Jill, after my eyes got into some focus from crying I could still tell that Jill was just laughing because everyone else was and so once Karen caught her breath she said the miscomunication again and we all were crying laughing and Jill still was just laughing because everyone else was, and then I looked up at her 20 seconds later and she finally understood what we were talking about and her jaw dropped and she turned BRIGHT red and then Papa Sesh just came in the room and Jill was sitting there red laughing with the banana in one hand and the cool whip in the other and everyone else was laughing and wanted to know what was so funny, and Jill tried to hid the things in her hands and Mamma Sesh had to come up with some half lie so he wouldn't roll his eyes and leave the room. It's moments like these that I'm so grateful I haven't left her side for more then 2 weeks in our year and a half friendship.  Jilly on behalf of everyone, Thank you for being you.  :)

2 comments:

Nate Eaton said...

i LOVE your blog!! And i LOVE Jill too!!!! COME HOME TO ME!

Ann Marie said...

Holy Smokes you make me shoot stuff out of my nose I'm laughin so hard!! Sounds like your easter was wonderful! Jill is funny!! And PS: I loved those lil gum ball easter eggs too, and I KNOW they still make em!! Yummmm...gummmmm....
Ps you wrote this blog on my bday!!Woo!