Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Walking With The Ladies...

Last night as most nights start out, my father calls to have family prayer in the most inconvenient times for everyone else in the house, either Karen has already gone up to her room to watch her DVR'ed shows or my mom is playing an intense game of Boggle on the computer. We usually tell what we are going to do the following day, my mother announced that she is "Going walking with the Ladies" my ears perked up because I knew that "walking with the ladies" is her way of exercising while gossiping, a form of multi tasking. I told her I wanted to come along and she was pleased. Karen and Jill woke up about an hour before I left and I always have the half awake half asleep hour I have to dream or just lay there crabby at them for turning on the light. In that state this morning I was exhausted so I fell back to sleep dreaming of 3 dogs (I don't know why 3 but there were and I'm tellin it how it is) that had about 6 puppies and the 3 dogs were the parents, I don't know how but it was that and they were small and short haired and so I was excited because I knew that my mom doesn't like A. Big dogs or B. long hair. Then I woke up. Anyway so I got ready and we drove to the usual spot to meet the Ladies and we started to walk and talk and knowing exactly what I was getting myself into I decided to shut up and walk quietly knowing I would get some sort of dirt. This only lasted for about 5 min before my mom being the "saint" that she is said Stephanie you haven't said anything tell them about Mexico. I tried to keep it sweet and to the point so I could go back to Plan A. No such luck. They wanted to know about China and school, as if they have been planning this attack on me to get information from me. Anyway of course they won, until the end. We eventually started talking about how corrupt the world is and this is where only some of the gossip I've been wanting to come into play. They told a story of a guy that was in Colombia and was a member of our church, he was in the back of a car and someone was driving him, eventually, the driver stopped the car (Why did he stop? I'm still trying to figure this out) some men pulled out the driver, shot him to death, got in the car asked if he spoke Spanish, he did but didn't claim that he did then after 3 hours of being drivin around they pushed him out of the car and he was only 1 mile from his house, so he walked home. Now this is the stuff I get up at 7am for. The dirt. Moral of this new blog, Take sacrifices for dirt.

2 comments:

Spill This said...

Who are you? Haha...You are in a close run with Margaret and her blogs! You are both so great with words...I wish I had that talent..wink wink. It was very interesting and hilarious...partly because I know most of that was true but there was a little twisting to it...you know it! :)

Kern said...

Im not quite sure but can the Blogger actually post a comment on her own blog about herself? And I would like to let the editor know that I was the one who called prayer that night and it wasn't inconvenient. We just had to wait for dad to finish up whatever he does in his office for 10 mins. :) Love ya Steph!