Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturdays with the Sessions

So last night we had all who dared come over from the Singles Ward here in Minnesota. It was a perfect night for a bon fire. I'm not gonna lie, there were some interesting groups that arrived, but having scapegoats such as Game Cube and a kid splitting his finger open and people arguing that he should go to the hospital before he has to start waving the number 4 or giving people "4's" distracted some. 11:05 rolled around and my eyes were heavy and BURNING and people were getting hungry, and we had to start the lies of no food in the house. This is all beside the point the last people left around 11:40ish (because Jill and I started to clean up, ya know the usual Can I Take This? Are You Finished With That? Even if it was only 1/2 gone and on it's way up to their mouth.) Anyway so we begged Katie our friend to sleep over. Papa and Mama Sesh surprised us by saying ok no one is waking up until 9:30am ok that was mama Sesh and Papa Sesh said try 8am then Katie was already trying to think of some excuse to drive home and being able to sleep in then stay here. Anyway so we decided 9:15am. Well the next morning the typical Saturday morning. One of us (it was me in this case) woke up around 8 and woke everyone else up, well not really but sort of, then I hear Papa Sesh whistling some hymn he has stuck in his head from waking up at 4am watching old General Conference talks online. He makes crepes for us all, teaching Katie how to get the batter just right and when to add in the melted butter for perfection. Anyway so during breakfast dad tells his usual jokes and he's the one laughing so hard at it, and we are laughing mainly because he's laughing at his own jokes. After breakfast we help someone move into their new apartment so we decide we need some help so we wake up Todd at about 10 oclock and he hates us, but we stay out to about 1:30 deciding if we want to order pizza, but after getting transferred twice we decided to not order pizza and the lady hung up on me. So Todd Jill and I run to the mall, drop Todd off because his mom called about 5 times to get him home to do some more chores around the house. Jill and I don't shower until around 4:30 then we get ready (meaning getting in clean sweatshirt and sweatpants) and run to the mall again to get unnecessary things. Tonight though we were moving things back into Celests (a girl that use to live with us) room because she just moved out and so Jill is on the computer because she's had enough, mom is dusting anything she can get her hands on and dad is up in my room with his drill trying to fix my blinds because just the other day I was trying to "draw the blinds" and they just totally collapsed, so I obviously stepped on them twice in anger, and while everyone was doing there thing I was anxiously waiting my toast to pop up until I hear a huge THUD THUD THUD THUD and I heard things spill, so my heart literally stops, I run to the stairs and its my dad, sitting on the stairs in the same position he fell down 4 steps with nails and screws EVERYWHERE around him. So my mom is like JEFFRY are you alright? And he's like Yep, just wanted some attention and I didn't know how to get it any other way. It was hilarious, so moral of THIS blog, If you want attention, You need pain.

PS Karen that was Jill that made a comment about my own blog, I'm not that big of a loser, ok I kinda am but I swear it was her!

No comments: