Monday, March 31, 2008

The Unfortunate Events of Steph's Life the Last Day in March

I woke up this morning with Jill putting a pillow on top of me to block the light that she was about to turn on.  Some would be mad at this unselfish/selfish act, but I was not.  I took a shower which someone turned on water when I was rinsing my conditioner out, for most Americans this would be no big deal but since the city of Crystal was established in 1750 and haven't changed the pipes since then that means that I have NO water pressure.  So throughout today I've been scratching my head with dried conditioner chunks flying everywhere.  I was in a hurry to work so of course I forgot my jacket and threw on Karen's black Crocs only because I was to lazy or to much in a rush to slip on my tennis shoes, to only find out when turning on the radio that we were supposed to get 10 inches of snow.  I get to the house where I nanny at only to find that the mother worried because the baby hasn't gone number 2 for 2 days.  Just my luck, he pooped in the 5 hours I was there.  Lucky me, what are the odds?  Did it look and smell like he hasn't gone number 2 for 2 days?  Yes.  The day was fine and the baby was adorable other then that one time, but I come outside to find Aretha (My car) (PS I just did spell check for the word Aretha and it came up Urethra...go figure) covered in this so called "moisture" by our local meteorologist.  It was 6 inches already, how did I know 6?  Because my feet were sinking in it, with the white slosh seeping through those blasted holes in the tops of the Crocs. There I was, clearing off 6 inches from my baby onto the ground making it 12 inches on my feet.  I get in the car with wet sock syndrome-frozen wet sock syndrome, driving home battling the right speed for the windshield wipers and snowfall, never winning.  I get home to find about 1/4 of the driveway covered in snow, which 1/4 do you suppose?  The 1/4th that Aretha parks in so I put her in park at the end of the driveway first thing that happens when I get out of the car...HUGE snowflake lands right in my eye instantly burning my eye so I can't see, I try the garage code which doesn't work surprise surprise go in to the house only to hear a "hi" in the most monotone frustrated tone my mom could come up with because the phone has been ringing off the hook.  I go straight to the garage, open it up, shovel snow which is heavier then the bodies at the local morgue.  I come in from shoveling to hear from my mom, "Have you talked to Christy yet today?" No, why?  "She has had the worst day today..."  I'm thinking to myself replaying everything that went wrong today in my head with my eye still bothering me from that gigantic white beast attacking it 10 minutes ago. and she said "Matthew had a root canal so she had to take Henry to class with her and she couldn't find a brush so she brushed her hair with a fork, then went and parked in visitor parking and the guard said, you're visiting?  And she said I am today with my child and he let her through, bless his Utah born heart.  So even though you think you've had a bad day, you haven't unless you've brushed your hair with a fork.  So Christy I say to you, chin up and walk tall you're a daughter of God.

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Oh Junk!! You totally crack me up!!! "you haven't had a bad day until you've brushed your hair with a fork!!" That's hilarious!! Sorry that last day in March was so crummy!! You bring sunshine to my life on a regular basis, even on cloudy snowy days!!

Holley and Luke Burbank said...

woman... you are funny. i shall forever more read your blog now. peace to you

Erin said...

Hey Steph! What in the world! I found you. I'm proud of myself. And of Emily Litt, for linking to you. Anyway, I love, loved, that post about your bad day. Hands down, one of the best posts in the blogosphere that I've seen. Congrats on a very entertaining and lovely post. And, er, sorry about your nasty day. Just think that it made other people's day. :)